Photo Tour – Lake Retreat, Gidgegannup
There’s something new happening in the Perth Hills and it’s very exciting!
Lake Retreat is Perth’s new hidden gem located in the Perth Hills. The Lake Retreat property is named after “Lake Retreat”, the largest privately owned body of water in the Perth Region and we have had the privilege of photographing this amazing location and following its continued development since February 202.
This 143 hectare property is a mix of European style landscaped gardens & sculptures in harmony with the surrounding native bushland and the 10 hectares of lakes. Lake Retreat is a place of serenity & spirituality, it’s all about embracing the beauty of its manicured gardens contrasted by nature’s own inspiring bushland. Visiting Lake Retreat is like stepping into a new world, leaving all your problems & stresses behind and letting your spirit soar.
Most importantly to us, this property is a nature photographer’s dream come true. When the new owners purchased it last year Lake Retreat was said to have 350 species of plants and 108 bird species. Since then thousands of new plants have been planted along with an extensive reticulation system, new landscaped gardens, walkways & enhancements to the existing road system. Gazebos & small lakes are dotted all around the gardens, paths & walkways are everywhere and in 9 months we have still to explore all that Lake Retreat has to offer.
MADCAT Photography is honoured to be offered the opportunity to introduce this unique location to a small number of local photographers. Although Lake Retreat is not yet ready to be fully opened to the public we will be initially offering guided Photo Tours on a regular basis.
This Tour at Lake Retreat is an informal introduction to a new development in the Perth Hills. Lake Retreat is being developed for lovers of nature & spiritual enrichment. As such, it is an ideal location for nature photographers to embrace a new location and let their creativity soar.
Tour Location: Lake Retreat, Gidgegannup
This Tour is open to anyone with an interest in photography from beginner to expert, professional advice will be available for all skill levels.
Tour Date & Times: Wed 27th January 2021 3pm to 5pm
If you wish to attend this tour then please visit our Facebook Page Event https://www.facebook.com/events/837057916851367 and select the “Going” option, we will then contact you with payment details. Places will be given to the first 8 people to sign up.
This is our first event so please understand we’re still learning the ropes 👍
Tour Price: $99 per person (adults only)
The Tour will include the following:
- Max of 8 attendees
- Entry fee to Lake Retreat
- 2 hour guided tour exploring & photographing several locations within the property
- Max of 8 people
- Professional photographic guidance & advice from myself
- Maggie & Tony (the owner’s son) will also be on hand to assist & help share the ethos behind Lake Retreat
- Follow up reviews & advice on photos taken during the tour through our Facebook Group
- Competition for the best photo from the day judged by myself, Maggie & Tony (Prize will be a canvas print of your image)
- Light refreshments will be served
- Enough water, it may be hot
- Sunscreen, hats & appropriate sun protection
- Casual clothing, we will not be going bush this time
- Social distancing
- Any camera gear you need but easily transportable as your vehicle will be parked far away at the entrance to the gardens
- Patience as this is our first Tour and we’re still learning 😎
Please be a aware that this opportunity is an early introduction to this amazing property and should be treated as such. Not all amenities are fully developed and work is continuously being carried out around the property. Basic toilet facilities are available, don’t expect too much infrastructure yet but what nature delivers more than makes up for it.
Please note the following:
- There is little to no mobile coverage at Lake Retreat (yes it is that remote from suburbia)
- Commercial use of photos taken at Lake Retreat is not allowed though the possibilities of personal use are endless
- We love drones but please leave your drone at home, this is not a drone friendly event
- Lake Retreat is a work in progress hence there are construction & improvement projects in progress so Tour members are required to stay with the Tour Guide at all times
- The owners of Lake Retreat consider this to be a combining of the spirit with natural, please respect the gardens and natural environment appropriately
- Smoking is not permitted
- This Tour is for Adults (18+) only
Dave & Maggie